Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday - Want Red Hair?

Guess what?! I dyed the underneath of my hair the beautiful red hair like Ariana Grande's the other day!  (see this post with her picture here)  Of course with the help of my best friend and my sister-in-law's smarts!

So for this week's tutorial I am going to let you in on a how to get the red hair you see on Ariana Grande from home!  You won't need to spend more than $6 bucks to do it either! =)  Haha Salons! We've gotcha now!!

Dying to know what OTC box of red for $6 and some change will give you her similar hair color? Drum roll please....

Garnier's Nutrisse Ultra Color in Medium Intense Auburn (if you want darker red there is the dark intense auburn, and if you want a lighter red there is light intense auburn)!
  
Dark Intense Auburn
Medium Intense Auburn

Light Intense Auburn

The best part about this hair color is that it is made specifically for those of us with really dark hair.  My sister-in-law and I both have darkest brown hair and it worked phenomenally for the both of us!

Let me know what you think of the red trend!  Also if you try this color send me pics of how it turns out!

PSDotCom if you want to go for Ariana's exact color I think the light intense auburn would be a better match!

8 comments:

  1. I love the red. It's so bold. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! LOVE this color!! I had MORE fun as a Redhead than a brunette and/or a brun w/ blond-ish highlites! I have been trying to get back to an intense red, prob the light intense would be a GREAT start for me!! How bout you skin tone w/ the red? Or is this why you put it under only? I have VERY naturaly curly hair so there is really no "bottom" to my hair!!! Everything on the bottom is curlier, shorter & darker anyway!! Great job & thanks for sharing!! I am your newest follower & have a "baby blog" that I would LOVE for you to follow, IF you are interested! kweenbee_612@yahoo.com
    http://chellesinthedesert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! The reason why I only did it underneath is because I wasn't sure how work would react. I am slowly going to try to go all red but we will see. I have freckles with medium skin so it looks pretty good, I think anyway! Thanks for the message and I will stop by soon! =)

      Delete
  3. A great idea to do the underneath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's more subtle that way too! Perfect for work if you ask me! =)

      Delete
  4. i've used that color on my blonde hair, and it is super super super bright. and i love it. I am doing purple currently, and I found a product called Kiss that has great color payoff easy to use and they have a million different bright colors and it's only 5.99. i think i may try blue next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE colors, I just did the tips of my daughters hair with a "washout" dye for fun. If I could get away with more colors at my office I would! Send me a pic when you try the true blue I would love to see it!

      Delete