Monday, February 6, 2012

Motivational Monday-I'm Waiting

Hello blog world!  Today is a much needed post b/c I have had one hell of a weekend.  Let me bring you back to Wednesday of last week.  My husband calls to let me know there is something wrong with our 3 y/o Toyota Corolla.  The VSC, No Traction, and Check Engine lights are all on. I told him that he must go get the breaks done, something he has been putting off for at least a month now!  This was late in the afternoon (almost closing for most mechanics) so I told him to take it to the Mr. Tire that is up the street.  Enters now the sleazy mechanic at Mr. Tire.  He proceeds to tell my husband that it will cost him $113 for him to check out the lights plus the cost of break replacement.  UMMM I don't think so buddy.  My husband nixes that idea and heads straight over to our trusted local mechanic, five minutes before closing.  He tells my husband he doesn't think it is anything big and gave him the it's probably a sensor thing (note: he explained it to my husband but I have no idea what the hell he is talking about) and he should be alright to drive it until Friday evening and then he can drop it off and he will fix it for him...That consult to tell us what he "thinks" it is cost us NOTHING! That's right nothing, a good 'ol boy mechanic. This why I trust him. He would NEVER charge us a damn thing just to give us a quick consult and he doesn't charge us unless he has to do something to it!

Ok fast forward to Friday 2:00 PM, I get another call from my husband. "Honey, the car is dying on me. I am in D.C. I don't know if I will make it." I tell him to take it straight over to the place we bought it (b/c we get a free rental, the only time we don't take our cars to them is when we are home b/c this place is a hike from our home).  Luckily the car made it there, he got his rental, said his good-byes and talk with you soon about our POS car that is 3 years young and shouldn't be having these types of problems with it.

Saturday morning the mechanic gives us a call.  Head gasket blown, antifreeze leaking everywhere, they have to tear the car apart, we are looking at $1,100 just to start.  Imagine this - I loose it. Yep full fledged meltdown, hysterical.  My daughters birthday is in two weeks, and this very same week last year my husbands old expedition broke down on us and cost us $2,000 (we [the expedition and us] finally parted ways that June...) and we had to cancel celebrations b/c we couldn't afford it!  Needless to say I am extremely upset.  We still haven't got the car back.

If that wasn't enough to deal with that same afternoon, our big screen TV blew. Yup, that's right a day before the Superbowl and a tech couldn't get out here until today! I had planned on providing you with my Superbowl blog post about what we did, who we rooted for, what I made for apps, but I have been depressed all weekend long with the past 72 hours of events I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Source: http://www.roflcat.com/Good-Things-Come-To-Those-Who-Wait

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Yep, there's more. The icing on the cake is that we found that there is a mouse running around in our house somewhere.  I have been told that this is normal b/c it is cold out. I am a clean freak and I just don't understand how it is possible!

So anyway after this weekends whole ordeal I really am feeling unmotivated. Luckily, I have this post to re-motivate me to carry on and be strong. So this weeks motivational quote is:

"Good things come to those who wait
So, I am waiting as patiently as possible waiting for the good things to happen.  It can't get any worse right?!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment