Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion Friday - Fashion Week has Officially Begun!

We've got a lot going on here!  First it is Friday {holla!!} and second fashion week is in full swing.  Today's Fashion Friday will recap some of my favorite pieces from the aired runway shows!  All week we I will highlight some of my most favorite pieces. I would love to hear what you all thought of the shows as well!

The Best of Nicholas K Spring 2013 Collection

The Best of Nicholas K Spring 2013 Collection by queennicole01 on Polyvore

Nicholas K offered up some light and airy fabrics with lots of layers that don't look frumpy at all. I could totally see the Olson Twins and maybe Justin Bieber (for the men's wear that is....haha) rock this collection.  The best way I could think to describe this collection is retro meets boho chic.  My utmost favorite piece is the one shoulder sheer ruffled top.  Great collection!

The Best of BCBG Max Azria Spring 2013


I was a little disappointed with the BCBG Max Azria collection this season. Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of the pieces but I would have liked to see more color.  That said the jumpsuits, long flowing dresses with the sexy slits were fabulous!

The Best of Richard Chai Spring 2013


Richard Chai's collection for Spring 2013 offered a lot of light and sheer pastel colors mixed with floral prints and much like Nicholas K, I had the "retro" vibe running through my mind while watching {which is totally fine by me! I love anything retro!}  It was almost like retro meeting the Hamptons!  The men's collection was fabulous; very structured and nicely tailored! Well done!

The Best of Tadashi Shoji Spring 2013


Perhaps the best runway show from yesterday was Tadashi Shoji.  His collection was phenomenal! I would either wear some of these dresses to a wedding, in a wedding, or just for fun!  It was really hard to pick out the top choices because I think I loved the entire collection! Again, I got another retro feel from this collection; maybe Old Hollywood Glamour for the lack of a better statement. I could see Jane & Marilyn in these gorgeous pieces!  There was lots of color and tule done right! Bravo Tadashi! I LOVE YOU!

What do you guys think of yesterday's shows? If this is the beginning of what's to come then I am beyond ESTATIC!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment