Thursday, August 23, 2012

MAC Haulin'

I have finally made it to a MAC counter at Nordstrom's the other day! PHEW! That was a long time in the making as there is not one close by. Most often I have to buy my items online, however, sometimes I want to see what the colors look like in person before I make the purchase...ya know what I'm sayin'?

Here's my awesome purchases:


My camera SUCKS! Def. on the my wish list.  These colors are phenom!

Confession: My real reason for my purchases stems from how much respect I have for MAC Cosmetics. Every time I am there to make a purchase I make it a point to purchase from the Viva Glam line.  For those of you who don't know, MAC supports and serves all people of every race, sex and age affected by HIV and AIDS.

At a young age I witness the destruction this disease can do to a human being.  My uncle {and godfather} was infected with full-blown AIDS and died at the age of 32.  It's even difficult for me to type this without getting emotional.  So many years ago and still such a big hole in my heart. 

When I heard about the MAC AIDS Fund I make it a point to always purchase at least one item whenever I am there.  It is important for me to help find a cure for this wretched disease that kills so many.  No one should ever have to suffer the way my uncle did. 

(or many other helpful items to keep HIV/AIDS patients healthy, see what else here) 
The best part of all:

EVERY CENT OF THE SELLING PRICE OF THE VIVA GLAM LIPSTICK & LIPGLASS GOES TO  MAC AIDS FUND!  Now that is phenomenal!



No comments:

Post a Comment