Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday - 4th of July Pride

It's another Tutorial Tuesday and tomorrow is the fourth of July for us U.S. citizens! Violent storms have been passing through my area which has prevented me to keep up with the blog and email but I am happy to report that I am able to get this up for you guys....FINALLY!  So for this weeks tutorial I decided to keep with the July 4th theme and give you all a nail tutorial.  This nail tutorial is simple, easy and can be done in under 20 minutes! What you'll need:

1 plastic cup of room temperature water
1 bottle {each} of red, white, and blue nail polish
1 toothpick
Scotch tape
Nail polish remover

1. Paint a base coat (I use China Glaze's base coat) and then paint 2 coats of your white polish.  I used Pure ICE  in SUPER STAR.


2. Next tape your fingers with the Scotch Tape around the edges of your nails....you will be glad you did later!

3. Place one drop of the BLUE {I used Essie ARUBA BLUE} polish in the cup of room temperature water; followed by one drop of WHITE, then one drop of RED {I used Revlon PASSION}, one drop of WHITE again, and lastly one more drop of BLUE.

4. Using a toothpick start to blend the colors starting from the inside out to make a design you want.

5. Dip one finger in the middle of the polish design at a time, using the toothpick to break the excess nail polish away from the design. Repeat for every finger.

6. Remove the tape and top off with your favorite top coat. I use Seche Vite because it is seriously the fastest top coat to dry EVER!  I love it!

7. Clean up the edges of your nails and Voila! You are finished! It is super fast and super easy!

Those of your enjoying celebrating Independence Day be safe and enjoy!

Share with me your celebratory nails! I'd love to see them!  Comment your link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment