Monday, July 16, 2012

Motivational Monday - A Family Affair

It's Monday! Another week is upon us and another reason to be motivated in our lives to accomplish something this year!  This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to hang out with family which is often difficult since there are quite a few of us.  I am the oldest of 4 children, I live in the same town as my youngest brother Benjamin, 20 minutes from my other brother Justin, and now my baby sister, Brooke, has finally flown the coupe and coupe and will now be living about 20 minutes from me too.  The best part is I am only one town over from my parents so it is safe to say although we are apart we are all still pretty close.

We all have jobs and 3 out of 4 of us have families now so it makes it difficult to really spend time with one another.  However, this weekend I was able to hang out with Benjamin & his family, then go visit with my mom and to my surprise Brooke was there too (this is amazing b/c she is always working & I never get to see her!).  On top of everything, Thursday I got to hang out with Justin's wife {she might as well be, they have been together for 9 10 ugg...I don't know a lot of years!}.  She too, is someone I rarely see.

I am lucky to have a large supportive family who is there for me whenever I need them, as am I.  I had a friend tell me a story of how distraught her sisters family is.  How her niece and nephew rarely talk to each other and when they do talk it usually ends up in an argument.  They are in their 30's & 40's people....it's sad.  It makes me even more thankful, that although we have our moments we truly love each other more than anything and we will always be there fore each other.

Googling, earlier this week I found this quote by Dr. Seuss: "Be who you are & say what you feel because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind."  The only ones who's opinions matter to me are that of my family and I know that no matter my decisions they don't mind.  They will always be supportive!

This week, I motivate us to remember to be us and say what is on our mind.  Just remember those who truly matter won't mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment