Tuesday, January 31, 2012

30 days to Shred?

I have done really well at not gaining weight back after I did the WeightNot diet however, I have done a horrible job at keeping my muscles toned so... I LOOK FAT!  I hate that word and even though many would argue, I highly disagree and there is no nicer way to put it!  I am tired of feeling all the jiggles when I walk, run, jump (bah! like I actually do a lot of that!) and pretty much everything else during the day. So, I read up on Jillian Micheals', one of my all time favorite trainers (along with Chalene Johnson), 30 day shred. A couple of my friends have started it and there has been some decent reviews about it, so I decided to give it a try. Last night I began my 30 day journey and let me tell yah, for someone who has been doing the stationary bike for the past month at least 3-4 days per week (30 minutes a day --hey not bad! Last week I did it 6 days!) she still kicked my ass!

Photo courtesy of http://www.jillianmichaels.com
So it says you can loose up to 20 lbs in 30 days. I don't believe that and I don't really care about lbs. I just want to loose inches b/c that means I am toning up and getting lean muscle instead of this wobbly mess I like to pretend has muscle attached somewhere.  Also, my ass is HUGE! While many people love large derrières mine is outta control. Don't get me wrong I love being a "bubble butt" as my mother use to put it ever so gently to my low self-esteem self, it needs to get toned and slim down ever so slightly.

I took a couple of pictures (clothes on...how do these people gain the confidence to do it in the bra & underwear) I haven't gained the strength to post them just yet. Maybe in my next post?

There are three levels of the program. After each level I will update you followers on my progress.  If it works I may move on to one of her other DVDs!

Feel free to join me and don't forget to follow me on Twitter & FB and we can do it together!

Here's to Kickin' Ass & Slimin' Up!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment