Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Most Special Day of the Year

Good morning revolutioniers! There is no Sunday Spotlight today because today is the Most Special Day of the Year. February 17th comes once a year and every year it is bittersweet for me!

I rarely give you guys a complete insight of my personal life because I don't always like talking about it.  But today, I will offer you all a little history of my life.

This is Kaileigh (pronounce Khi-lee) a.k.a. Bird

Today is her Birthday.
Dancing w/the Redskinettes!

A Fashionista at a young age!
Eight years ago, I gave birth to this amazingly sweet and special little girl, but while she was healthy, something happened where I was not.  I am lucky to be alive today.  After 13 hours of labor Bird was delivered by C-Section and shortly after, I began fighting for my life.  No one truly knows what happened that day and why I began hemorrhaging but after 5 1/2 hours of surgery, 3 blood transfusions, 3 platelet transfusions, and having to be revived twice; at 20 years old I would no longer be able to bear another child of my own.

I am lucky.

I am lucky to be alive.
I am lucky to have a healthy little girl.
I am lucky that my little girl is truly my best friend.
I am lucky to have inherited another daughter.
I am lucky to have found a man (after my divorce) to love and care for my daughter as his own.

It has been eight years since this tragedy in my life.  Eight years and I still don't talk about it much.  Eight years and I still am angry, sad, and grateful at the same time.

I'm not sure how much longer it will take for me to accept that this has happened to me but I do know that although this was not the path I would have chosen, God has truly blessed me with the most amazing gift that is far greater than anything else I could have asked him for.

If me being able to have another child means I would have to give up the one child I have now, I'd rather be who I am now.  No gift will ever be greater than my Bird.

Happy Birthday my darling. Be awesome, be proud, be beautiful inside, and most of all be you. Fly high!


No comments:

Post a Comment