Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fashion Week - The Best of Monday's Runway

Happy Tuesday Everyone! Here's my recap of the best shows from Monday's Catwalk!!

I will tell you the first half of the day had me taken back the the Great Depression era! Many of the collections screamed 1940's and it was fabulous. I'm a sucker for that vintage style and many of these designs reminded me of Retro Hollywood Glam!

Prabal Gurung's designs for ICB were gorgeous and although modern I felt there was a hint of vintage twist on many of the designs!

The Best of ICB by Prabal Gurung Fall 2013



Carolina Herrera's collection does it again! A gorgeous collection filled with vintage looks from the hair and makeup down to the designs! The prints work fabulous with the style and cuts of the pieces. I was so in love with the entire collection {although the white gown reminded me of Princess Lea's outfit from Star Wars, still pretty all the same} that I wish I could just purchase everything!

The Best of Carolina Herrera Fall 2013



Pamella Roland also reminded me of vintage Hollywood Glam. The gowns were elegant and classy. Again, another set of dresses I expect to see on celebs in the fall.

The Best of Pamella Roland Fall 2013


Reem Acra's collection was phenomenal too! Many of the gowns I feel like Holiday Barbie would wear!! So gorgeous and sexy! Especially the high slitted dress that showed off that model's fabulous leg!

The Best of Reem Acra Fall 2013



Then there was the vibrant Betsey Johnson! Although her collection wasn't 1940's Hollywood Glam...it did take me back to the 1980's. It was loud, crazy, and somewhat weird, but then again it's Betsey and I wouldn't expect anything else from her. I personally wouldn't wear any of these designs but they are still rather fabulous and I love her all the same! Way to go Betsey!

The Best of Betsey Johnson Fall 2013



So, what do you think? Was Betsey's designs a little bit too much, or do you think it what we should expect from her? Which was your favorite designer of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment