Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jennifer Nettles Inspired ACMA Look

Ok so I know it has been a while since i have gotten you all a new make up look, but i have been sooo sick!

I was relaxing 2 Sunday's ago flipping through so TV (which is rare for me) and saw the Academy of Country Music Awards.  On there was the beautiful Jennifer Nettles with a smokey purple eye look.  But it was different in that it kind of faded to the inner corner with the one dark purple on the outside.  So, I have recreated the look for you guys.  Mine however is inspired, and not necessarily exactly alike.  But, it is super easy to do! 

Here is what I used:
  • All over the eye lid staying heavy in the corner tear ducts, my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lavender.
  • Next I used my Stila, Moxie Eyeshadow with a medium sized crease brush.  Starting from the outer corner of the eye blending the shadow in to the middle of the eye.  Concentrating heavily on the outer corner and softening the look the further inward you go.  I also used Moxie under the bottom lash line about 3/4's of the way
  • Then I swept and blended Urban Decay's Bordello above the moxie and to the bottom of my brow
  • Last I took Uzi by Urban Decay to highlight the bottom arch of my brow
  • I also used my MAC eyeliner pencil in Smoulder and lined my bottom water line 3/4 of the way
  • Then I used my MARK. Get in the line liquid eyeliner in Painted Black for a VERY VERY thin line on the top lashes
  • I topped off the eyes with my Tarina Tarintino Mascara, 2 coats
  • For the Cheeks I kept with the "Faded" look by using my CoverGirl Tru Cheeks I used the peachy pink on the cheek bones leaving it heavier towards the hair line and lightening up as I move in toward the apples of my cheeks.  On the apples of my cheeks sweeping back I used a light pale pink
  • For the lips I used Rimmel lipstick in Crush which is a light coral shade and topped it with a frosted nude which I used from MAC lipgelee in Resort Life

Here is the video to see how to do the look! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment