Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trendy Tangerine w/a Splash of Lime

Runways this spring were filled with bright vibrant colors, including orange.  Orange is said to be the bold color of the season and we are seeing it on more and more celebs and models in each month of our fashion and beauty mags.  For me, the color scares me quite frankly and I am not sure I am ready to "wear" it just yet.  However, working with a little inspiration from a watch band I had, I found a way that can ease my way into the color.  This might help some of you, who prefer to stray from bold colors, try a little something new.

You can totally tone down this look too just by changing the lip color to more of a clear gloss and let your natural pink lips shine through. 

Optional Step is to prime your eyes with NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencils in Lime and Milk


Shadows Used

Shimmery Soft Brown - Last row on the “warm side” of the Sephora Anniversary Palette, 3rd from the bottom
Tangerine - #48 form the A Nod to Mod Palette on the Sephora Color Play II
Lime Green – First row on the “cool side” of the Sephora Anniversary Palette, last color
Shimmery White

Finishing off the Eyes
Lime Eyeliner from CoverGirl Liquid Line Blast
Smoulder by MAC for lining the lower lash lines
Black cream liner – I used Sephora’s cream liners
Benefit BadGal Lash mascara

The rest of the Face!
Hot Pink blush – The one I used was from my A Nod to Mod Palette (Sephora Color Play II)
Pink Lipstick – Temptress from CoverGirl’s LipPerfection Line.

Here is the video! Enjoy & let me know if there is anything else you all want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment